Great start grant
The Great Start Grant (aka FHOG First Home Owners Grant) is a Queensland Government initiative designed to help first home owners buy their first home. You'll get $15,000 towards buying or building your new house, unit or townhouse (valued at less than $750,000) through the scheme, an excellent opportunity to buy or build a new home in the great state of Queensland.
How the Great Start Grant of $20,000.00 can help you:
- Get you into your new home sooner.
- Assist you in purchasing a brand new home.
- Afford a new home which may have been previously out of your reach.
Note: The Great Start Grant is administered under the First Home Owner Grant Act 2000.
You must be:
- Over 18.
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident (or you are applying with someone who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident).
- Buying property in Australia for the first time (this includes your spouse).
- Building or buying a new house and land package.
- Building or buying a home under $750,000.00